The theme for International Women’s Day in 2017 is #BeBoldForChange. This day invites us to celebrate the achievements of women and to be bold in taking steps to promote gender parity.
Did you know that according to the UNODC 2016 Global Trafficking in Person Report 71% of all trafficking victims are women or young girls? Human Trafficking is a violation of human rights. The time to act is NOW.
- Be a voice for women in the situations of your daily life – your school, your workplace, your church community, your sporting club, etc.
- Become more informed about human trafficking in all its forms
- Alert other to the fact that human trafficking exists in Australia and so be a voice for the vulnerable
- Join in ACRATH campaigns to help reduce the demand for goods produced by slave labour
- Make a donation to support the work of ACRATH