Call to Action – March 2023
ACRATH supports the work of many like-minded organisations both in Australia and globally. Many produce resources that can be used in a variety of settings and some have campaigns underway. Our newsletter regularly includes this page, encouraging people to find out more and consider becoming involved in actions.
- ABC TV, Foreign Correspondent: Cambodia’s Cyber Slaves
The scammers who are lured to Cambodia with the promise of a good job, find they have been sold to scam syndicates. They are then held against their will and forced to scam across the world.
- ABC TV, Foreign Correspondent: Saving the Children
The demand for live streaming child sexual abuse is so high in Australia that AFP officers are now based permanently in the Philippines working with an international task force investigating this distressing cyber-crime.
ACRATH has been working in this space for about five years, supporting a young teenager, working with the Australian Federal Police and now advocating for compensation for victims of this shocking crime.
- A Survivor of human trafficking finds her voice – interview with Jo Casamento, Mercy Works
- Global Labor Justice: Fight the Heist
- Breaking the Silence, a proposal for whistleblower protections to enable migrant workers to address exploitation
- As migration returns to Australia, advocates call for more protections for exploited workers
- Talitha Kum
- Global Sisters Report: Trafficking
- Stop Trafficking Newsletter
- Work Right Hub, Australian Red Cross