Easter Fair Trade Chocolate
Why is Fair Trade Important?
Buying Fair Trade ensures no one is exploited in order to produce the good you are purchasing. Did you know that children as young as 10 years old have been trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire and are working on cocoa plantations? Many of these children have never tasted chocolate. 75% of the world’s cocoa comes from West Africa. You can help make a difference for these children.
What You Can Do
These are some actions we can recommend to people for the Easter fair trade chocolate campaign
- Click here to watch an Oxfam two and a half minute clip on Youtube called 45,000 reasons to swap to fairtrade chocolate
- Download this webpage at the ABC 4 Corners site on Chocolate: the Bitter Truth
- The Good Chocolate Guide to Australia can be downloaded here.
- The comprehensive 2012 Global Barometer, a joint initiative by the VOICE network at can be viewed here
- Click here to obtain a copy of the Stop the Traffik Easter Action Kit