European Commission Adopts EU Strategy (2012-2016)
Towards the Eradication of Trafficking of Human Beings
On 19 June 2012, the European Commission adopted the “EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings (2012-2016)”. The Strategy is a set of concrete and practical measures to be implemented over the next five years. It is based on five key priorities:
- better identifying and protecting the victims
- increasing prosecution of traffickers
- development of child protection systems
- setting up of national law-enforcement units on human trafficking
- the creation of Joint investigation teams including national authorities and EU agencies.
Click here to download a copy of the strategy.