Modern Slavery Advisory Group
Assistant Minister for Customs, Community Safety and Multicultural Affairs, the Hon Jason Wood MP, has announced the appointment of ten experts with extensive experience in combating modern slavery and supply chain management to a Modern Slavery Expert Advisory Group. In announcing the members of the group Assistant Minister Wood said, “This new body will provide strategic advice to Government to support the effective implementation of Australia’s Modern Slavery Act and drive best-practice responses to eradicate exploitation in our supply chains.” Members of the group are:
- Liana Allan, Founder, Migration Alliance
- Kate Baker, Senior Sustainability Specialist, Telstra
- Måns Carlsson-Sweeny, Head of Environmental, Social and Governance Research, Ausbil Investment Management
- Sebastian Conley, Sourcing Operations Manager, Country Road Group and David Jones
- Ro Coroneos, Senior Manager, Risk – Supply Chain, Lendlease Corporation
- Chris Crewther, Former Chair, Modern Slavery Inquiry (Hidden in Plain Sight), Foreign Affairs and Aid-Sub Committee, Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade, Australian Parliament
- Dr Kate van Doore, Senior Lecturer, Griffith Law School
- Katie Knaggs, Group Ethical Sourcing Manager, Costa Group and representative of the Australian Fresh Produce Alliance
- Sonya Rand, Sustainable Development Manager, Bunnings
- Sunil Rao, Lecturer, La Trobe University Law School
A copy of Assistant Minister Wood’s media release can be accessed here.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.